Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Exhaust Your Joy

Hey there everyone,
So last time I posted a video from my phone on the blog and apparently it only likes to play if you are watching from a computer rather than your phone. I apologize for that, if I can figure out how to rectify that then I will do so.

On another note,
A couple weeks ago, I learned of the Teen Choice Live show that was supposed to be touring the country. There were going to be a number of Olympic gymnasts performing, some music artists, and a few other acts. I was contemplating taking The Munchkin Princess to see the three members of the Fierce Five who were headlining the tour. But since then the tour has been cancelled due to "scheduling conflicts" and this makes me wonder.... "What kind of life are these children having now that they are gold medal carrying Olympic gymnasts? I understand that leading up to the Olympics their lives were spent in the gym so much so that after a certain point home-school was the only logical choice for them, in order to meet their training needs. And I understand, with that would also come quite a bit of traveling to meets near and far at local, state, regional, national, world, levels. But after evaluating the schedule for this year's higher level competitions, most of these appear to happen during the summer time. Which in my mind allows the athletes a chance to rest, train, and regroup. I get that there is a huge appeal to winning the Olympics and being blessed with the subsequent endorsements, tours, (and pay checks) that follow. But I wonder how long do the grueling schedules last for these girls? And of course they have to find the time to get into the gym still. Between exhibition performances and keeping themselves in the running for the next Olympic season, I'm exhausted for them.

But I can see how actually living your dream can fuel your fire even through the most taxing of days and nights until it's all over. In fact I'm a little envious of these young ladies who are so young yet knew so early in their lives what their biggest passions were and had the drive, skill, and support to pursue that dream all the way. As an adult woman living "free" I cannot say that I know exactly what my passion is, let alone how to achieve the highest successes in that passion. Yet another reason why I am so in awe of The Munchkin Princess, my very own flesh and blood, actually being self aware enough to recognize what brings her joy and manage to place goals around what she loves all on her own.

Okay, so in the spirit of keeping this a learning blog I am choosing to add a definition and a visual of the skills/terms that I am learning the deeper we get into this. Tonight's word is:
Flic-FlacAlso known as a flip-flop or back handspring. Take off on one or two feet, jump backwards onto hands and land on feet. This element is used in a majority of tumbling passes on the floor exercise. It’s also used a great deal on the balance beam.
Image found at http://www.ivencia.com/dynamicarts/images/groundwork/flicflac.gif
What is your passion in life? What are you willing to do to life your passion and achieve success through your joy? Fly high and Stick It....whatever IT is for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment