Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Learning Curves

Hey Ya'll,
So we had our first parent/coach meeting on Friday and it turned out to feel more like a parent/child meet and greet. Now don't get me wrong it is nice to know who is on your child's team and who those children belong to, but I was expecting something a little more substantial. I seemed to be the only parent who had any questions related to the kid's competing levels and advancement opportunities. All in all, like I determined during my research, this Xcel program is nice to introduce The Munchkin Princess to competition but I don't believe we will remain in this sector for more than the year. She may not go to the Olympics, but she will be given every opportunity to determine if that's is actually her dream and if so how to make it real. 

Although, at this stage it's still really fun to watch her try to acquire new skills. Albeit she catches on quick, but that initial learning curve cracks me up every time. I know she will hate me for this in about 10 years, but I thought it was so cute watching her try for the first time to execute her back bend on the balance beam. I'm going to share this with you, but just so you know she did have it by the time they were finished. My baby is in full Beast Mode at all times when it comes to the gym. She is in the black leotard on this day. 

After a full evening of training she still wants to go home and improve on her splits, strengthen her wrists, and strengthen the ligaments in her feet before bed. I have never been so proud to witness anyone's work ethic has I am of my own child. While the other children at any given time during training may piddle around and goof off she simply laughs at their jokes then keeps it moving; as opposed to joining in on the slacking. She gives her all because she truly loves what she is doing here and she inspires me to get up get out and get some. Maybe she will inspire one of you as well. 
Fly High and Stick It fans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment