Popular Posts

Monday, April 1, 2013

Summer Camps & Sleepaway

Happy Monday...I Guess,
So with the end of the school year quickly approaching we are quickly making plans for Summer vacation arrangements. This will be the first year in awhile that The Munchkin Princess will have to cut her grandparent visits short. Mostly because she is expected to be back in the gym training at least a couple of weeks before her competitions begin in August. So June will be dedicated to grandparents and July will be dedicated to training as much as possible without going overboard. But then that brings to question gymnastics camps. There is an overnight camp that a few of the girls on her team will be attending, but they will all be going during the last week of June (grandparents' time) and I am a bit apprehensive about leaving The Munchkin Princess at an old ranch that doesn't allow parents to see practices. She maybe ready, but I am not. Plus the camp that these girls are planning on attending is the Karolyis Camp in Houston and yes he is a world renowned gymnastics coach who has trained amazing athletes, but I am not a fan of his technique. And I am not keen on the idea of paying for a camp with his name on it and he won't even be on the ranch grounds. I would much rather start with day camps in search of facilities that trust and then move into overnight camps rather than pick one with a "Big Coach's" name attached to it and drop her off hoping it's worth the time and money. Don't get me wrong I think overnight camp will really pay off for her and relatively soon. but this year is not the year. I need more time to do more research in order to really understand what is actually worth $500-$1500 for 3-7 days of intensive workshops. I also know that I am a little envious at the thought that my child will eventually be attending sleep away camps like I always wanted to as a child. I am so proud that my husband and I work together as a team to be able to provide the things that we always dreamed about as children, praised to The Most High.

Your Gymnastics Terminology for today's post is:
WOGA - World Olympic Gymnastics Academy
This is a training facility located in Frisco, TX that offers recreational and competitive training camps for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment