Popular Posts

Monday, April 22, 2013

She says it's her job....

Back from the weekend and I'm excited to report that the Summer training schedule will be out in a few days. This means a LOT to parents (and grandparents) because it allows us to begin planning. Almost certainly means longer hours in the gym for The Munchkin Princess and fewer days with the grandparents over the break. Sad for the grandparents but this is the nature of the beast if she is going to compete. Maybe grandparents will come visit us for a couple of weeks during the Summers instead so that they can spend time together without her missing training. Honestly, that may workout to be the best bet for us after this Summer. 
Amazingly enough The Munchkin Princess has little complaints about having to cut her visits short. She has just made extensive lists of things to do in a condensed span of time. Her approach is, "Gymnastics is my job, just like school. I love gymnastics and it is going to make us rich one day. So, I don't mind working hard at it." These are the words of my 9 year old child and if more adults (myself included) had her focus and drive this world (My world) would be so different. Well if her job is to succeed at school and gymnastics then my job is to lay the pavement for her to travel as smoothly along as possible. With my baby being awarded Gymnast of the Month for March and now being evaluated to potentially move up to Level 5 I will strive to make her only worries be how to master her next skill. 
Out of the mouth of babes the truth shall be spoken, Fly High and Stick It!

Your gymnastics word/phrase for today:
Balance Beam - (This event gives me the most anxiety at the moment)
ust four inches wide, the balance beam challenges gymnasts because they must execute routines that give the impression that they are performing on the floor. The world’s best seem to “attack” the beam and are very confident while demonstrating excellent height, flexibility and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment