Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Feeding the Beast

Hey Ya'll,
Spring Break is over and we are back to our regularly scheduled programs here in our home. Having The Munchkin Princess home everyday really shed light on just how much this child of mine eats these days. Of course I knew that on average she eats practically on a schedule, I mean I pack her lunch bag full everyday for goodness sake. But to watch her actually eat every 2-3 hours as long as she is awake is just short of amazing. Fortunately for all of us I am not afraid of my kitchen. I love to cook and believe in feeding my child homemade meals much more often than anything else. I had to make sure that there were easy to reach wholesome snacks ready for her at all times. Though, at one point I desperately needed to go grocery shopping and you would have thought I was killing the child because her options were limited. It seemed the days after training she was at her most ravenous, demolishing as much as she could reach, in between handstands and extended wheel poses of course. All of the fruit in our house didn't even last the week before I had to purchase another week's worth. Good thing I don't buy many processed foods to keep about the house or she would have given herself a stomach ache, an eczema flare, and a heavy butt to boot.
According to the Children's Nutrition Research Center because The Munchkin Princess is so active she requires nearly 2300 calories in order to maintain optimal energy levels. That is nearly twice as much as I am consuming right now as I try to shed some pounds. Sweet baby Jesus in the manger! No wonder this kid of mine is always hungry. Do you know how much a person has to eat (in clean whole food) in order to meet the type of caloric demand? Basically, my child should be eating as much as her adult father to stay well fueled. Wow, with that the word for the day is:

Meal-Planning:
Grocery shopping with complete meals in mind. Spending a single day chopping and organizing meals to have available for quick assembly on at time of planned consumption. It's the only way that I am able to meet the demands of the beastly belly that is my child's stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment