Popular Posts

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Do you have time to...

Hey Y'all,
So as I begin to convert my blog to a more user friendly site, I've decided to combine ZenTasting and Tumble Mom. I know. I know. I'm a genius Lol. 
I saw a young lady wearing this sweatshirt and it made me laugh. I also immediately thought I need to find this and buy two. 
Anyone who has ever had a competing gymnast can relate to this hoodie. As I type out this post right now I am sitting in the gym volunteering with my kiddo at a home meet. And of course she wants to come back tomorrow to help out some more. Lol 
For a gymnast their social life IS the gym. Their teammates are their best friends and their coaches are their surrogate parents. This is why it's so imperative that both gymnast and parent are comfortable with where they train. You have to trust your team and respect the process. 
Once you commit to competing, gymnastics is not only a true financial undertaking but an extensive amount of the whole family's time is dedicated to the sport as well. 
As your gymnast climbs up in the ranks of competitive levels it only gets to be more intense. I don't say these things to scare anyone away from the sport. In fact I believe that it will show you the truth about who your child is, their strengths and their opportunities for growth. It will also show you what you're willing to sacrifice in the name if your child's extra curriculars. 
What I've learned about my child is she has so much heart and deduction and genuine love for her sport. And she would eat, sleep, breathe gymnastics if I never made her go home. She doesn't even flinch at the thought of training all throughout her summer vacation. Because she knows gymnastics is a year long sport and she wants every second she can get to master her next skill. 
She also loves seeing me get to witness all of her triumphs and even her flops. What I've learned about myself is, I will give anything to keep her smiling and succeeding in life. Even if it means working a few extra hours when I would rather go home a soak in the tub. Lol
So when you have a dedicated gymnast you understand your time is their time and their time is gymnastics time. 
Fly High and Stick It

No comments:

Post a Comment